Visit the volcanic Lake Myvatn area and the stunning Godafoss waterfall with the option to relax in the milky blue waters of the Nature Baths!
• The colourful town of Siglufjordur
• Ocean and island views, impressive mountains and charming fishing villages
• Optional – the internationally recognised Herring Era Museum
• Optional – Iceland’s first microbrewery, Kaldi and the Beer Spa
More about the Tour
The often overlooked Trollaskagi (peninsula of the Trolls) is one of the most spectacular sections of the Arctic Coast Way. It is a very scenic drive alongside the tallest mountains outside of the highlands, charming fishing villages and views of the islands.
We will stop to admire the views and get an insight into the history of the region at the towns of Hjalteyri, Hauganes, Dalvik and Olafsfjordur.
Colourful Siglufjordur was once known as the herring capital of Iceland and is home to various art galleries, restaurants and cafes.
It is possible to visit the Herring Era Museum for a fascinating insight into the town’s golden Herring era.
On the way back, it is possible to stop for a tasting at Iceland’s first microbrewery, Kaldi, in Arskogssandur.
The Beer Spa is also popular and it is possible to extend the tour to include it.
Loading your cart… Your cart is empty Items in your cart 1
Why Book with Us
• Pickup and dropoff from the port
• 100% refund if your ship does not dock
• Customisable tour with a local guide
More Tours from Akureyri
Do you have a question or want something customised?
Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.