Take a tour off the beaten path to the remote and secluded Ketildalir valleys. Breathtaking views, a quirky sculpture exhibition and sea monsters!
• The Latrabjarg bird cliffs with puffins
• The golden sand beaches of Breidavik and Orlygshofn
• The abandoned Gardar steel ship
• Optional: Hike in the Geldingsskorardalur valley for incredible views
More about the Tour
We start the tour by driving to the Latrabjarg bird cliffs, the westernmost point of Iceland and the largest bird cliffs in Europe.
On the way, we can stop at the rusty steel ship of Gardar. Once used for whaling and herring fishing, it is the oldest steel ship in Iceland and was abandoned on the beach in 1981.
Home to millions of seabirds, Latrabjarg is the best place in Iceland to get close to the puffins which sit mostly fearless on the cliff’s edge.
On a clear day it is possible to view the Snaefellsjokull glacier towering on the horizon.
It is possible to add extra time to this tour for a detour to the Geldingsskorardalur valley where you can hike to a secret viewpoint looking over the Latrabjarg cliffs and Raudasandur beach.
We then continue to the Breidavik and Orlygshofn beaches. Unique to Iceland with golden sands, the view of the coastline against the backdrop of the mountains is breathtaking.
*Please note that private tour bookings are classed as requests until availability can be confirmed by our staff. Prices shown are flexible and you may be offered different prices, subject to availability.
Why Book with Us
• Pickup and dropoff from the port
• 100% refund if your ship cancels its visit with more than 24 hours’ notice
• 50% refund with less than 24 hours’ notice
• Customisable tour with a local guide
More Tours from Patreksfjordur
Do you have a question or want something customised?
Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.