Visit the volcanic Lake Myvatn area and the stunning Godafoss waterfall with the option to relax in the milky blue waters of the Nature Baths!
• Siglufjordur and the Troll peninsula from Akureyri
• The colourful town of Siglufjordur
• Ocean and island views, impressive mountains, and charming fishing villages
• Optional: the internationally-recognised Herring Era Museum
• Optional: Iceland’s first microbrewery, Kaldi, and the Beer Spa
More about the Tour
While most tours from Akureyri head east, this one goes west for an adventure you’ll not soon forget. The often-overlooked Trollaskagi (peninsula of the Trolls) is one of the most spectacular sections of the Arctic Coast Way. It is a very scenic drive alongside Iceland’s tallest mountains outside the highlands, charming fishing villages, and views of offshore islands.
We stop to admire the views and get an insight into the history of the region at the towns of Hjalteyri, Hauganes, Dalvik, and Olafsfjordur.
Colourful Siglufjordur was once known as the ‘herring capital of Iceland’ and is home to various art galleries, restaurants, and cafes.
You can choose to visit the Herring Era Museum for a fascinating insight into the town’s golden herring era.
On the way back, it is also possible to stop for a tasting at Iceland’s oldest microbrewery, Kaldi, in Arskogssandur.
The Beer Spa is also very popular and we can extend the tour to include it.
*Please note that private tour bookings are classed as requests until availability can be confirmed by our staff. Prices shown are flexible and you may be offered different prices, subject to availability.
Loading your cart… Your cart is empty Items in your cart 1
Why Book with Us
• Pickup and drop-off at the port
• 100% refund if your ship does not dock
• Customisable tour with a local guide
More Tours from Akureyri
Do you have a question or want something customised?
Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.